Dragon Tiger is the simplest casino game there is, played with 8 decks of cards. It is basically a two-card version of baccarat, except only two cards are drawn; one to the Dragon and one to the Tiger. The highest ranking hand shall win, the lowest will lose. It is purely a game of chance, with no skills required.
Rules of the Game
The player wagers on one of the following outcomes:
- Dragon wins
- Tiger wins
- Pair – a side bet won if the 2 Player cards or 2 Banker cards are a ‘pair’.
- Tie – a side bet won if the Dragon and Tiger cards are a pair and of the same rank.
Players place their bets on the Dragon or Tiger betting sections of the table. Once bets have been placed, the game begins. One card is drawn each to the Dragon and Tiger. The highest value card wins.
- The values of cards, from highest to lowest, is:
- In the event the cards have the same value, the result will be decided using the highest suit. The suit ranks, from highest to lowest, are:
- Spade ♠ > Heart ♥️ > Club ♣ > Diamond ♦
If both cards are of the same value and suit, then it will be considered as a ‘Tie’ game, and both ‘Dragon’ and ‘Tiger’ shall lose half their wagers.
Winning Dragon/Tiger bets are paid 1 – 1, Pair 11 – 1, Tie 40 – 1.